WILDSTRENGTH!

Read about my WILDSTRENGTH! program here.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Hi and welcome to my blogspot!  I'm not the most knowledgeable person on computer systems, so this is my attempt at keeping you up to date with all that's happening in my world of words and pictures.  Hopefully, as I get more computer experience, I'll launch my own website with all the bells and whistles.  Until then, I hope you visit regularly.

Firstly, many of you have found this site through my writings for Australian Ironman Magazine and MILO.  As you may know, I'm a strength and conditioning coach, writer, and cartoonist.  My toons also feature in Ironman, and I hope to get many more published this year with other publications as well.  I'll continue to write for these fine publications, and expand my published works on this blog and a book I hope to complete by the end of the year.  It will be titled Wild Strength!, and I'll talk about its contents here in more detail over the next few months.

Secondly, I must stress I won't turn this blogspot into a space to rant.  In order to prevent this occurring, I'll set some specific goals.  I aim to use this space to expand on my existing writings, answer strength and conditioning related questions, and post some of my toons and illustrations I think you'll like.  I'm not going to discuss anything outside those specific topics unless they somehow relate to them.  And I'm not going to rave on about what Aunty Ethel got up to on the weekend!

Thirdly, I welcome feedback and questions from you in relation to the above mentioned topics.  I'm happy to discuss the latest training talk, answer questions you may have about training, and give advice if you also have an interest in writing and illustrating.  I won't enter into debates about world politics, religion, news and personal issues - there are plenty other blogs for that I'm sure. 

O.k., now we have that out of the way, we can talk about fun stuff.  I'm currently working on an article for Australian Ironman Magazine that's due by Monday.  Of course, I can't disclose the contents, but it will be of great benefit to all you beginner ironslingers out there.  And I've submitted an article to MILO that will hopefully be in the March edition about what my swimmers get up to in the weight room.

Talking about swimming, I'm back from a camping holiday and ready to put the seniors through their next phase of training.   For those of you who don't know, I'm the strength coach for Nerang Swimming Club on the sunny Gold Coast.  We have six seniors going to Nationals in Adelaide in April, and hope to field a team of ten competitors by then.  Their next phase of intense training (both in the pool and out) begins in a few days. 

I've also got to colour my next 'Gym Follies' toon by the weekend, and I'm doing plenty of concept illustrations for a children's book idea I have in mind.  I've submitted my portfolio of sketches to a few major publications recently, but no positive feedback yet.  When I know something, you will too.  Anyhow, this intro has gone on long enough.  Must get back to work.  Speak soon,

Besty

No comments:

Post a Comment