WILDSTRENGTH!

Read about my WILDSTRENGTH! program here.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

All things Paleo

Hello everyone,

I started this blog as a place to write about strength training related information I didn't (for whatever reason) get published. But when my cartooning took off and my first website was launched, the content I posted was more art/cartoon/comics based and less training related. Well for all of you who read my stuff and would like to see more of the latter, I'm finally getting around to doing just that.

I launched my book 'Wild Strength' in June and since then I've been experimenting with all things Paleo. I guess you could say my 'slant' on training is paleo-based, so I thought why not go the whole nine yards and try a Paleo diet.

I'm glad I did. It took me a few weeks to transition to Paleo, but once I did, I found it quite easy to follow. A typical day looks like this:

Breakfast: 2 x boiled eggs, handful of cashews, almonds or macadamias

Lunch: Piece of meat, tomato, carrot, 1/2 avocado, and capsicum

Dinner: Typical meat and veggies minus the potato

I snack on fruit or dried fruits and seeds if I feel like it and occasionally I'll have some yoghurt.

Now I know the diehards will say this isn't strict Paleo. I'm well aware of this but the few foods I include don't bother me in any way. And I like the 100% Paleo 80% of the time theory.

At first I missed bread (and beer, love beer), but now I don't notice it so much (still miss beer, but I have one or two on weekends, I'm not perfect!) But I like the fat loss I'm experiencing and a general sense of wellbeing. I've been on extended rehab for my shoulder and my lifts are going nowhere yet but soon I'll be zooming.

Some of the better books on Paleo are 'The Paleo Answer' by Dr Loren Cordain (who I reference in my book as a great source of paleo-based training too), 'The Paleo Solution' by Robb Wolf, and 'The Paleo Coach' by Jason Seib.

Some of my training-based articles will soon be appearing on a few Paleo sites in the near future. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment